Old December 15th 20, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Covid Vaccine And Glider Events ?

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 3:01:27 PM UTC-8, wrote:
As the distribution of the vaccine begins what will be the impact on the soaring community and events such as contest and club activity. I for one will be very happy to get the vaccine, I will roll the dice and look at the benefits vs the uncertainty. Would you be more prone to attend an event knowing those attending were vaccinated? Should events require that participants require vaccinations prior to participation? Bob

Much of this is out of our control and will be decided by individual state governors. My experience with our governor, Inslee, is that they can be very capricious and make decisions on a whim. In any case, "herd" immunity levels probably won't be reached by the time contest season starts, and may not be reached until after the end of the soaring season. You will probably have less trouble in Florida.

Tom