Old December 15th 20, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Covid Vaccine And Glider Events ?

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 11:50:51 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
On 12/15/20 5:23 AM, wrote:
On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 9:14:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:
We had two soaring camps at Cowley Alberta in early August and October with about 30 attendees each. With ten days each camp, we had 600 person days of exposure.

The principal precaution was maintaining 2m distance between individuals. Masks were worn in two seaters and shared oxygen masks and cannulas were sanitized.

Being out in the breeze tilted the odds in our favor.

Result: NO Covid19 cases reported in the participants.

Our club held the annual meeting last Saturday, we also practiced social distancing and mask, no problems are expected. I did read the report from the CDC about transmission venues, very interesting. Social gatherings and family transmission were the two highest areas of known transmission.
Maybe there should be some type of vaccination card that confirms one vaccination status for such required events, oh, that will never work, we cannot even get voter registration cards in this country. Stay safe, enjoy your sailplane activity and come on down to Vero Beach for a great winter and spring flying season. Installing a new engine in the Towpecker, should be flying next week. Bob

Well, if I understand correctly, the vaccine will protect ME from
getting the virus from YOU. It won't protect YOU against ME passing it
on to YOU. So it would appear that we'll still have to take precautions
against passing it on to others should we pick it up.

Clear as mud?

--
Dan
5J