Old October 7th 08, 03:31 AM
tomlusch tomlusch is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Continuing problems seeing ATCRBS transponders with Mode S
interrogators

Hey all, I work in, lets call it 'an associated industry' and we are
still seeing ATCRBS transponders that reply to some interrogators, and
not to others.

At one time this was known as the 'P4 problem', sometimes as the
'Terra problem', just want to ask if anyone out there flying with an
ATCRBS xpdr is still having trouble being 'seen' by some
interrogators, but no problem with others.

Thx-

Dave
Funny that you should pose such a question Dave. Just yesterday evening I observed a primary target with our ASR-9 (Mode S) moving ENE at a decent clip. Used a different display and selected our nearby ARSR (an ATCBI-6) sensor, and saw a rock solid beacon reply, showing that it was an aircraft at 13,000 ft msl. Never did see a transponder return using our ASR-9.

Take a look at my previous experience with this type of transponder behavior...

http://home.columbus.rr.com/lusch/talotta.html

...and get in touch with me.

Tom Lusch
http://tomlusch.com