Old March 16th 18, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ben Coleman

Default $75,000 2-33

Snip Chip's post

It's a good question, our club is structured around volunteer effort and some people bear the majority of the burden. However we also need "customers" and flying activity is the lifeblood of the club. Recently we have moved to paying for more services such as annual aircraft inspection/maintenance rather than forcing the work on club members (still mostly done by volunteers however). We also use builders for major jobs as the club needs them finished by a date more than we need to save money. Plus the would-be volunteers can spend their time flying rather than working (or feeling too guilty about not working to turn up!)

Cheers Ben