Old June 6th 04, 10:32 PM
Leslie Swartz

Ed:

I know you know better. Try "opting out" of the various social safety net
programs in order to live by the Constitution. See how long it takes for
the men with the guns to show up. You could probably stay out of prison for
a year; maybe 18 months tops.

Like I said- I *know* you know better; you have posted your bona fides
here several times.

Steve Swartz

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 18:40:23 -0400, "Leslie Swartz"
wrote:

Ed:

And how, precisely, do "liberal solutions" get implemented?

At gunpoint.

Hardly. We elect representatives who propose alternatives, then amend
and compromise and finally create a marginally effective bureaucracy
that does nothing for most of us, but garners votes from the unwashed
masses for reelection.

Seriously, I don't think Social Security, Medicare or public education
were implemented at gunpoint. They met the demands of "we the
people"--even when misguided.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"