Old October 28th 13, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

Default East Coast winter ridge soaring?

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 9:23:23 PM UTC-4, Soartech wrote:

Who knows which ridge soaring mountains will have nearby towing this winter? My buddy and I are thinking about a possible trip the week after Christmas. So far the only place I am aware of is Yard Creek Soaring in NJ. Anything in Virgina?

How far does your East Coast go?

Two or three years back I spent a weekend or two at Cumberland, MD. We were visiting with the whole club, hosted by the local club. It's a small operation and you'll have to coordinate, but you could get tows and the soaring is quite nice (wave, ridge lift). We had a great time. ( http://www.cumberlandsoaring.org/ )

There is the W99 wave camp at Petersburg, WV (not sure when).

Also, I think I saw a presentation by Baude Litt a while ago about his winter flying from M-ASA, so there must be tows. Dress warmly.