Old April 3rd 17, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default SPOT pricing going up again...

On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 11:22:07 AM UTC-7, C2 wrote:
I called spot and told them I wanted to cancel my subscription due to the price increase. They offered to not raise my yearly fee if I didn't cancel..

I too called Spot told them I wanted to cancel due to price increase and they waived the increase. They later this year they will have a new device with more features than an InReach at a lower price point. I told them what I wish they had was a Sat phone with same tracking features as Spot gen 3 or better yet an InReach that one could also male calls from on a as call basis.