Old December 31st 03, 08:42 PM
BTIZ

VHF requires line of sight between the transmitter and receiver.. at ground
level and too far away.. or a hill in the way.. you will not hear the
controller side, only the airborne aircraft side..

BT

"ec-ill" wrote in message
Hi. Iīm a student that is going for the PPL. I would like to listen the
traffic and controllers but i donīt know how.
I just bought a scanner MAycom AR108 but i does not catch the controller.
My question is:

- Does a handheld transceiber (jhp 500, icom 22 or so..) catch the
controller while in ground. (at home for example)..

One idea that came to me is to buy a used COM from an aircraft (cheap of
course) and mount it at home. DO you know where to get this old used COM

or
NAV/COM at cheap price. (Do not tell my ebay).

Thanks in advance