Old August 16th 03, 11:23 PM
Harry Gordon

Gentlemen,

I want to thank you for your responses. You have pretty much confirmed what
was going through my mind. This had that ring of being "too good to be true"
offer, and you know what that means :-). I think I will keep my options open
and look elsewhere. Thanks again.

Harry

"Harry Gordon" wrote in message
I hope this is the right newsgroup for this question ---

An A&P mechanic at the flight school I am attending is considering buying

172M (75/76 model). He is looking for a partner that will pick up the tab
for all maintenance - that is buying repair parts - he will do the labor.
While I haven't seen the 172, I suspect that it has not been taken good

care
of. He said it needed painting and a lot of interior work. I have no idea
what condition the engine is in.

My question is, is this a reasonable agreement? I know that there are
probably a lot of questions that need to be answered before a definitive
decision can be made, but good guesses at this point would be more than
welcomed. BTW, I am not independently wealthy :-).

Thanks,

Harry
San Antonio, TX