Old May 12th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Clean up news group

"enewbold" wrote in message
Is there a "moderator" for this group who can step up and start
managing things, like spam removal/prevention, etc.? I'd love to help
out, but don't know who to contact.

Ed Newbold
Columbus, OH

Ed: From what I've seen, this group does not suffer from much spam. In
fact this group suffers more from just lack of participation. If there is
anyone out there they seem to be more lurker than players. Even this group
seems to be composed of sects that greatly differ: Pilots that are
interested in employment and which twin turbine helicopter is being used and
EP's (Emergency Procedures) for Bell 412s, and a darn few that are
interested in learning more about how the things work (sources of 2/rev),
tail rotor direction of rotation, etc. It seems that the predominance of
helicopter pilots are professional (I guess that the cost of obtaining and
operating a helicopter dictates that equation) and most are not involved in
the design, modification and maintenance of the birds.
BTW the rec.crafts.metalworking that I also participate in has been taken
over by spam. My block messenger has accumulated over 200 blocks.

Stu