Old December 15th 04, 06:00 PM
John T

C Kingsbury wrote:

As a very frequent airline flyer, this sounds like an awful idea to
me. First, it's bad enough having to listen to the guys yelling into
their phones before they shut the door.

Grow a spine and ask them to quiet down.

Second, those 2-5 hours I'm
in the aluminum tube are the last hours of my life when my
boss/clients/girlfriend/etc do not expect me to be reachable by phone,
email, or text message. I'd much rather keep it that way.

If you tell me what model phone you have, I'm sure I can help find the power
switch for you. At the very least, I can help remove the battery.

For whose convenience is the phone: Yours or the people who call you?

To demonstrate, this morning I was "disposing of waste water" (to paraphrase
Casey W.) when my cell phone began vibrating (I don't use an audible ringer
unless I'm home, away from the phone and expecting a call). There's not a
snowball's chance in Hades that I'll answer the phone while taking care of
that kind of business - yet I've seen many others do so. I try to flush
just a little more loudly when presented the opportunity.

Cell phones are not the cause of inconsiderate behavior. Would you rather
treat the symptoms or kill the cancer causing the symptoms?

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer