Old April 29th 09, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default GPS receiver for LNAV

On Apr 28, 2:05*pm, soaringtheskies soaringtheskies.
wrote:
The LNAV, according to the manual, requires GPRMB and GPRMC sentences.
I'm wanting to use as much of it's functionality as possible. *I'm
using an EW MicroRecorder as a logger, unfortunately although this can
be used to supply a GPS signal to other things (it has it's own
receiver) it does not transmit GPRMB sentences. *So "all" I'm after is
a GPS that will transmit both GPRMB and GPRMC sentences to my LNAV, it
doesn't need to be able to log anything, although I see the point about
needing something to transmit the next waypoint to it. *Might end up
putting that LX back in...there must be soemthing simpler out there
though.

I'm also running SeeYou Mobile off a PDA, but I don't think there's any
easy way of getting this to talk to the LNAV.

--
soaringtheskies

Any older inexpensive Garmin with transmit the sentences you need and
allow you to transmit the next waypoint.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com