Old June 21st 12, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Chapstick In Water Dump Valves

Great advice! The bee's wax I used was given to me by a friend who received
it when he bought his Mini Nimbus. It probably came from your grandfather's
bees...

"hretting" wrote in message
Leave the Bees alone and go to a hardware store and buy a 'Toilet ring
seal'. They too are made of wax (plummers wax) and a roll of white 3m
electrical tape that come in a round plastic container.
Empty the tape container and put a 1/4 of the wax ring seal in it, mail me
the tape. This amount will last a life time, so give the rest to a street
begger.
S-H gliders have a tool to screw into the valve to pull down as one smears
the wax into the seat area thru the gap. With a little practice, minimal
is use and any dribblets of water can be stopped with little effort.
Every couple of years I clean the seat with a Q-tip and find a spot of wax
about the size of a pea will last a racing season. The wax stays good even
in the heat.
Never had a valve stick close.