Old February 3rd 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Moore

Default Glaze Ice

Sam Spade wrote
It depends upon the airplane, Mr. Microsloft Simulator "pilot." Some
of us are actually pilots, ........

Sam, I am sure that you are well aware that the FAA does not require a
person to be a pilot in order to hold a Ground Instructor or Instrument
Ground Instructor Certificate. In fact, my first instrument instructor
in the good ole Link Trainer had never set foot inside an airplane.
While is is true that MX is usually off base when trying to provoke an
argument amongst the pilots here, his lack of a pilot certificate does
not mean that he does not posses any aeronautical knowledge.

I'm not supporting MX, just pointing out that "you're not a pilot" is not
a valid counter to his sometimes misguided assertations.

Bob Moore
AGI IGI