Old February 3rd 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Glaze Ice

On Feb 3, 7:23*am, Robert Moore wrote:

I'm not supporting MX, just pointing out that "you're not a pilot" is not
a valid counter to his sometimes misguided assertations.

On the other hand Bob, sometimes street knowledge far outweighs book
knowledge. (I.E. PIREPS)

I personally won't fly in any cloud in temps below freezing but I have
had a couple of friends that had better "street knowledge" to know
they could make the trip safely and did so as they are here to talk
about it.

MX has no street knowledge and when Sam says he is not a pilot, it's a
very important distinction to let the readership know he doesn't know
what he is talking about with regards to the real world AND he does
not talk from experience. MSFS is not real world experience.

Good ground instructors would acknowledge this I am sure.