Old July 5th 03, 08:45 PM
Doug Vetter

Viperdoc wrote:
Any advice on the best wing leading edge cleaner /bug remover? I've tried
Simple green, car wash detergent in a spray bottle, and PPC Wing Clean. Any
other suggestions?

FWIW,

1) Wash the edges thoroughly with soap and water.
2) Wax them with a silicone based wax (work smart, not hard - use an
orbital polisher...I got a nice 5" one from Walmart for like $25).
3) Clean it with a moist terricloth towel after EVERY flight.
4) Rewax as necessary.

For the windows, use Plexus. Goes on like Pledge (and even smells a bit
like it), but "dries" when you rub it on (doesn't smear like pledge) and
actually lasts more than one flight (unlike pledge).

If you do the prep, the regular cleanup is easy. Wait until the bugs
harden and it'll take 10 times as long.

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA