Old November 19th 04, 12:30 PM
Dennis

I highly doubt this will actually take effect.. This WILL cause many
companies their business, and its a safe bet the number will be in the
thousands. Jepp is already known for raping people on prices, they want
$500 a year to include their data in your software per copy! Not to mention
it will cost lives because people simply will fly with outdated data due to
the high costs Jepp charges.

In my eyes, this will destroy aviation safety, destroy our aviation
infustructure, destroy businesses and some of us will pay for it with our
lives. I know some pilots that already fly with outdate data in their GPS's
because of Jepp's $30 a month charge. Just about any flight planning
software either PC, handheld or online depends on this data. Imagine the
fallout from this? I for one will do my part and have already contacted
people at the NGA and the FAA with inquiries on how they intend to pull this
off. If I get any answers, I'll let people know. But in the mean time,
everyone should do their part as well and start sending emails, letters,
faxes and phone calls to anyone who will listen, a good start would be to
your congressmen and to the AOPA.

This should go down in history as the most stupid thing our government has
ever done. The impact this will have on worldwide aviation is equivalent to
a terrorist attack on the world.. Soon, no doubt, will be to outlaw general
aviation because it could be used for terrorist attacks.. Very sad day for
us all and one step closer to a police state.

Maybe its time to exercise our constitutional right to install a new
government? Clearly ours is working against us.

Dennis.