Old January 21st 04, 11:30 PM
Wright1902Glider

And then GOD made lucky SOB's... Its amazing that the airframe survived at
all, much less in good condition. I know a few dozen people who would kill
(myself included) to make that kind of discovery.

I've seen a few modern versions offered now and then, but I couldn't reference
any off the top of my head. The French team built one on JYW: Flight of the
Century that looked pretty sweet.

I will offer one piece of advice regarding pioneer aircraft. They can't tell
time. Do not build one unless you are dedicated to the cause. When acurately
reproduced, they exhibit all of the nasty characteristics that they had back in
the day. And that means ground loops, blowovers, stalls in turns when banking
more than 10 degrees, necessary wing walkers, etc. I love my Wright machine to
death, but there are days when its just a raving B#$%H and I wish I could park
it for 10 minutes without having to worry about it blowing away.

Harry