Old September 8th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Meghan Taylor

Default Consequence of shifting carry-on luggage to checked luggageforaircraft weight

Emily wrote:

Terry wrote:
Emily wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:

snip

Personally, I don't care about weight and balance. I care that I
can't take my contacts out on a transatlantic flight and that the TSA
would be shuffling through company secret information if I were to
check it on a business trip.

This is a good point. The TSA apparently doesn't understand that a
person/terrorist can smuggle fluids taped to one's leg, or other part of
the body, or even shove a vial/tube up their butt.
This type of over-reaction is typical of an agency that has no idea of
what to do, or in fact what the mission is.

I thought about smuggling contact solution in my bra, but figured if I
were to get caught, they'd nail me under the pilot insecurity act. So I
figured I can either lose my certificates or lose my medical after I get
an eye infection. Not sure which is preferable.

You've got a point, though. Maybe someone should suggest to them that
they need to start giving all passengers rectal exams before they board.

So this is what it's come to. In middle school we smuggled our cigarettes
around in our bras to avoid nic fits before class, before exams, etc. Now we
need to smuggle our contact solution in our bra, just to avoid getting our
eyes irritated or infected on an airplane ride. Progress is great.