Old November 20th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default I've had it with Chinese tools!

"Rob Turk" wrote in message
. ..
"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
At $100 a pop for the smallest set of safety wire pliers? I don't think
so. I am not interested in subsidizing airshow display trailers and
parties, performer sponsorships, etc. What I want is realiable tools at
reasonable prices.

The options a
1. Cheap

I said reasonable, not cheap.

Good quality tools cost a lot of money. They are made for professionals
who make a living with them. For those, $100 isn't much for a set of tools
that save them a lot of time every day and allow them to deliver high
quality work.

Again, I said $100 for a _single_ small safety wire pliers is excessive. If
you can get me the SET for $100, I agree it's a good price.

For us with occasional use of these tools it may not make sense to buy
them new, so the new options a
1. Buy second-hand
2. Rent from a high quality shop
3. Share by joining a builders club with good facilities and tools.

There's one more, frequent the pawn shops around large airports or large
aircraft maintenance or manufacture facilities. It worked well for me when I
lived in the DFW area but I live in the Caribbean now...

Juan