Old January 10th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Division of duties on an airliner

Kev writes:

I don't think active flight crews have the free time to read/post.

They don't work any more than other types of occupations do. Indeed,
flight crews have strict legal limitations on their working hours.

I'll grant that they may simply not be interested. When you do
something for a living, it can become much less interesting than it is
when you do it only as a hobby.

The sim groups have a couple of retired airline Captains, as you know, who
do have more time.

I suppose I can repeat my question there.

The general answer is common sense. While one person flies, the other
usually takes over the non-flying duties such as navigation, radio and
checklists.

Yes, but who does what?

It's not a big deal; I was just curious, after watching a video of
cockpit operations.