Old October 26th 16, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Branko Stojkovic

Default US Competition Pilot Poll and Election

OK, I'll bit first.

On the subject of US rules versus FAI rules, my vote is for switching over to FAI rules in the US and Canada.

Heck, the only reason Canadian nationals are flown by US rules is to make it easier for Canadians when they compete in the US contests. By the same token, it would be easier for the US and Canadian pilots to compete in international contests if the US and Canadian comps were flown under the FAI rules.

On the subject of challenging the old boys club who are protecting their turf, good luck with that one Sean. It's doable, but be prepared for a very long battle. Remember the adage "old attitudes change one funeral at a time"..

As for the tone of your posts: I understand your frustration, but ridiculing those whose opinions you are trying to change ain't helping. Just my 2 cents.

Branko Stojkovic
XYU