Old February 13th 05, 09:45 PM
Steve Waltner

Default Proper Torque for Fuel Fittings

I'm to the point of installing the fuel fittings on the fuel tanks on
my RV-8A project. I'm a little confused about what torque to set my
wrench at when installing the fitting.

The fitting that goes through the tank rib and 3/16" reinforcement
plate is an AN833-6D elbow with an AN924-6D nut on the outside. There
are also a pair of -4D fittings for the vent line which will soon be
mounted as well. The only torque chart that I'm ever able to find is
one for AN bolts/nuts. Since these are aluminum fittings, I don't dare
torque them to the same values.

Steve