Old March 15th 04, 02:31 PM
Dave Butler

C J Campbell wrote:
"Michael" wrote in message
om...

wrote

In a similar vein, does an instrument checkride count as a BFR? I
thought it did since it added a rating to the ticket.

It does. However, an instrument instructor ride does not - even
though it is the same ride (only from the right seat).

Of course there's no reason for it - it's just our policy.

It may be your policy, but it does not really follow the regs. Yes, I know
the argument that the instructor certificate is not a pilot certificate, but
it sure gets treated as a pilot certificate for all other purposes. I also
know that the policy varies from one FSDO to another. I also know that most
examiners will sign the ride off as a BFR if you ask them to do that.

Isn't there a requirement, or a guideline, or something, that the BFR should
include an hour of ground instruction? Seems like I've had that requirement put
on me by instructors on the last few BFRs. The time is spent
grilling^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H instructing me on the FARs. I don't remember ever
having any ground instruction component as part of an IPC.

Dave
Remove SHIRT to reply directly.