Old April 28th 19, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents

A poorly planned approach and a well executed slip.Â* Why do you ask
about what we do in the US when this is clearly German?

I agree with you on judging patterns with angles rather than instruments.

On 4/27/2019 11:41 PM, Charlie Quebec wrote:
I was taught to always judge my circuit by the angles, and to do so with no instruments, so I’ve never been in a bad position on final.
What on earth do you do in the US that leads to the need for s turns, 360s etc?
In my winch training, I did several highly modified full circuits from 400ft with ease.

--
Dan, 5J