Old October 30th 16, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Default US Competition Pilot Poll and Election

Not much left to say W! Now we will "wait and see" what the latest round of the annual "US RC change fiesta" will come up with based on their "assessment" of their "opinion" poll. I think we all know (agree or disagree) what is coming.

Reading the comments was quite entertaining.

Also the response level to the poll seems amazingly low.

Unfortunately, very little (probably nothing) will change in regards to my points on reviving racing in SSA contests. For now they continue to hold the political advantage.

The USA (and Canada) will, for now, remain OLC NATION (literally no racing whatsoever). In fact, the US rules are more likely to move even farther away from racing in the years to come with "OLC tasks" possibly being created and introduced into actual US "contests" (and even less fake US assigned tasks). These OLC "tasks?" may even be allowed at US National championships.. Would that even be surprising at this point?

I tried to get on the US RC ballot. I fought for weeks to even get a response from our region 6 director and was forced to call other SSA officials for help. I was definitely willing to commit the time. Ultimately they circled the wagons. My efforts, along with M.Westbrook's was ultimately (curiously) "disallowed" (wink, wink) via the wisdom of our regional directors. An interesting process for sure.

Again, my simple question. "What measurable value justifies to continued maintenance of the experimental (arguably very failed) US rules vs. simply utilizing the same rule system which every other nation on planet earth which holds soaring competition uses safely, effectively and happily?"

This question has been completely ignored by the SSA leadership. They fear answering it. Regardless, It's an important, sensible question considering the reality of the international soaring competition world and the USA's contest participation struggles.

I have all the time in the world...

Let me know when you guys get the courage up to respond.

Sean