Old April 2nd 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve

Default DG's latest volley

Eastern Europe still has relatively low labor rates and a long history
of designing and building gliders. Lithuania, Poland, Slovenia and
Russia seem like the most logical areas for design and low cost
production. I imagine that the profit margin for any LAK is much
greater than for a German sailplane. Still "China" won't become
involved in building gliders but a Chinese entrepreneur who is
interested in soaring could always start a company. If someone is
skilled in designing and building with fiberglass though, they would
be better advised building yachts. I suspect that the worldwide
market for sailplanes is pretty close to the market for yachts in
Montana.