Old December 5th 03, 11:54 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 21:13:10 GMT, "Thomas Schoene"
wrote:

Hobo wrote:
In article ,
"Matt B" wrote:

It's not the nuke attached to an ICBM that I'm worried about. It's
the one delivered to the centre of Sydney in the back of a beat up
old white Toyota Hiace van that concerns me.

Even worse, imagine a bunch of people in a basement working on a gun
device nuke. When ready they set a timer and leave the city. If the
device doesn't work they return to make ready a second attempt and
keep doing so until they succeed.

If a gun device fails, I'd expect to see the bits blown over a fairly wide
area. Any random group of terrorists should be able to manage the
electronics for a gun fission weapon, so it's nearly impossible to imagine
the explosive not firing. After that, you simply have varying degrees of
fizzle.

Why fizzle? No convenient neutron source to kick start it?