Old July 8th 03, 07:39 PM
John Harper

Hardly an expert opinion, but I'm doing unusual attitude training
in a Grob that has the usual vacuum instruments, and nobody
at the school seems bothered - and they don't even cage.
After the one spin session we've done so far, the AI was all
over the place. My instructor said "Don't worry, it'll be OK
for the next flight".

John

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

How much damage does spinning and
occasional aerobatics do to the non-cagable gyros and how much extra
weight is involved in the high panel and three gyros (plus possibly one
more radio)?

Bob, when I went out to Chandler AZ for spin training a couple years
ago (see www.danford.net/chandler.htm) I asked to do it in a Super
Cub, since that was closest to what I usually fly. I was told that
they didn't intentionally spin the PA-18 or the Husky because of the
gyros, and that I could only take the training in a Great Lakes.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at http://www.danford.net/index.htm
Vietnam | Flying Tigers | Pacific War | Brewster Buffalo | Piper Cub