Old March 7th 16, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Future?

Good evening, my name is Rich Owen and I am the Vice-President of Seminole Flying and Soaring the parent company of Seminole-Lake Gliderport. We were frankly surprised of the rumors regarding the demise of this vibrant company. To give you an example, next week we are holding the largest one class soaring contest in the United States. We have hosted this contest for the last 26 years. We had 93 pilots apply for 60 available slots. There are 34 RV's staying in our RV park. Our waiting list is larger then many contest held in the United States. On the heels of this race we always hold a cross country or racing camp to offer advanced flight training.
We offer flight training 6 days a week with instructors adveraging over 20 years of experience in soaring. With accommodations available on the airfield obtaining your license at Seminloe Lake is efficient and very cost effective. The availability of the many attractions in the Orlando area will fill your family's time while you are flying.
I hope this has answered some of your questions and assauged your doubts. Please fill free to email me at
Sincerely,
Rich