Old February 18th 04, 05:24 AM
Tim Ward

"Ventus B" wrote in message
m...
All,
My Ventus B has dimple tape on the underside of each wing very far
aft, and just ahead of the leading edge of the flaps/ailerons. My
question is, does this sound like the right location? Isn't this way
too far aft? All other gliders with turbulator tape I've seen have it
installed about 2/3-3/4 aft of the leading edge; not immediately in
front of the control surfaces. Also, does anyone know if there is a
preference for the Ventus B as far as whether dimple tape or zig-zag
tape is better? Or is no tape the best solution? How about
turbulator tape on the stabilizer and rudder for the Ventus B?
I apologize in advance if this has already been beat to death for this
glider.

You might want to take a look at:
http://www.ssa.org/Johnson/38-1981-12.pdf

This is Johnson's evaluation of the Ventus A, but it is the same wing as the
B, and it is the report in which he discusses turbulators for the wing.
There is an evaluation of the Ventus B on the SSA site as well, but it only
references this FTE.

Tim Ward