Old February 3rd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Medal Winners: Air Traffic Control Tapes

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message ...
snip

carbon dioxide in the blood forms carbonic acid and can alter the
blood pH enough to denature enzyme reactions in the body.
(a lot of the enzymes are curled up long molecules that are only
chemically active when certain parts of molecular loops are in near
proximity. when denatured through pH or temperature they straighten
out and the chemical processes they are involved with simply stop.)

Stealth pilot

I knew about the carbonic acid and the pH. I wasn't sure of the damage mechanism though. Very interesting. Thanks,
Stealth.

Joe Schneider
8437R