Old November 22nd 05, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default It Pays to be a Pilot

("G Farris" wrote)
[snip]
"Well, you've certainly done the right thing," my mom said, "Your
condition is
excellent for someone your age. So let's start with some medical history.
What
did your parents die of?" The woman replied, "Oh they're fine - still
working
the farm just up the road from me..."

End of story - but it's absolutely true!

I started working on the truck loading dock at the brewery when I was 21. My
first week loading trucks one of the Teamsters sent me down to get some kegs
from "Stan the keg man." When I came back the Teamster asked me how old I
thought Stan was? I said 35? Maybe 40? (Remember, I was 21).

Stan was 65 and slated to retire at the end of that summer. The Brewmaster
and various plant supervisors all said they lost three guys the day Stan
left.

Montblack