Old October 2nd 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Quilljar

Default New to the Newsgroup

CareBear wrote:
I've been lurking here since May of this year and thought I'd go
ahead and announce myself. I started flying in May and am now on my
third dual xc. Flying has always been a dream of mine and I decided
to "make it happen" since I'm getting much older (55, I don't plan on
becoming a career pilot). I have about 25 hours flying time. My
greatest experience so far was my solo flight. This newsgroup
presents (for the most part) a lot of good and useful information as
well as experiences. Just thought I would say hello.
CareBear

Congratulations CareBear,
I am sure you will never regret it. I waited 41 years to learn and got my
PPL age 64, and my aerobatics certificate at 65 . The greatest thrill. The
trouble is, it is just getting too expensive in the UK. about $150 an hour
for a small Cessna, more if you want anything aerobatic.

--
Quilljar

Never trust anybody who is too sophisticated to own a rubber chicken.