Old June 12th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

Default Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

On 2007-06-12 01:11:04 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip said:

Dudley Henriques wrote in

On 2007-06-12 00:14:09 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip
said:

Dudley Henriques wrote in

On 2007-06-11 23:50:07 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip
said:

Dudley Henriques wrote in

On 2007-06-11 23:27:09 -0400, Bertie the Bunyip
said:

Dudley Henriques wrote;

Got a few hours in the 650 way back when. Man, were those pedals
wide apart!! :-))

Yes, good airplane for exploring aerobatics for th eneophyte,
though. Unburstable, except for that prop thing.

That's what got Rollie Cole. Shame.
I miss the old days. I knew a lot of these people up close and
personal.Counting the people we knew on the jet teams and the rest
from the demonstration community, my wife and I have lost 32
friends through the years to low altitude acro
Dudley

Yes. i've lost a few as well. Somehow I managed to survie it
though!

I don't even like doing them at altitude so much these days. Except
for smooth stuff. A freind of mine has just got a Yak 52 and is
going nuts in it doing flat spins and what have you.. Gives me a
headache just looking at him!

That's weird. I have a friend in Pa. in the financial business who's
into Yaks as well. (Gotta be careful saying this or PETA will be on
my ass here :-)
He has a 52 now and has just bought an 11. I believe he's trying to
put a P&W in the 11 as we speak.
Got another friend in Jersey who's LOA on Mig 21's.
I think the Russians might be invading after all :-)

I'd say we might have some mutual acquantences.

Bertie

Wouldn't surprise me a bit, but fear not if so. Should the Bunyip
become known, his secret is safe and shall remain so.
For your interest, the two people are Seligman and Sutton.

No, don't know them myself, but I think one had A CJ 6 ferried from Cal
a few years ago?

Also, i reckon you also knew a Pinto/ F86 driver that bit off more than
he could chew?

Steve and I knew each other quite well many years ago when he was a
partner in the old Valley Forge Airport in Pa. His partner had a French
wife you had to see to believe. If I remember right (and who could
forget her..her name was Yvette. :-)
Steve had enough patents to choke a horse, including the paraglider and
the Sentinel just to name two. He made a ton of money in his life. I
take it you knew him as well.
I don't really know what happened to the 86 the day he went in over in
Jersey and I can't remember if the bird had an Orenda in it or a J47.
If it was a J47, he could easily have swallowed a bucket. That engine
was a mess from the gitgo.
I know he went in suddenly on some kind of a low pass with an engine
issue but we never really got the complete details of exactly what
happened and aside from sending a formal card to the museum, I've never
pressed them for an answer.
Dudley

Bertie