Old April 4th 04, 09:36 PM
Tim Ward

"Jack" wrote in message
On 3/30/04 6:59 PM, in article KRnac.40111$K91.103909@attbi_s02, "Shawn
Curry" wrote:

The tone of his piece comes off (again, to me) as,

"Isn't it just swell that this little girl can fly a glider?"
If she beat some terrible odds to become a glider pilot, it either
wasn't included in the piece, or it was edited out. That could be a
good story, rather than "All the credit goes to Bobbi's instructors".

You are right. I wish I knew the people involved. I hope that when she

reads
it in the magazine she is gratified that the writer is happy for her and
that the world now knows of her accomplishments. You and I enjoy
deconstructing this sort of thing. Many folks don't bother, but give
everybody the benefit of the doubt -- but not, of course, here on the NGs.

myself am just lying in wait for the next idiot that attempts to render

the
plural form of "aircraft" as "aircrafts". I'll probably have to look over

on
the rec.aviation.military NG for that. People here are generally on top of
little things like language.

I know Dan, and I know Bobbi, and Dan is teasing Bobbi. Don't worry about
it.

Tim Ward