Old August 23rd 05, 04:41 AM
Brett

"Michael Wise" wrote in message
In article ,
Otis Willie wrote:

Navy helo pilots plan tactical training in multi-phase exercise
http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?...;article=31087

{EXCERPT} Stars and Stripes, D.C. - 4 hours ago SUBIC BAY, Philippines
US Navy Lt. jg Amy Sadeghzadeh was the first woman to ever fly a Royal
Brunei Air Force helicopter. When......

The link is broken (BTW, do copyright laws really prohibit reposting of
articles to not-for-profit FYI areas like Usenet?) , but the thought of
Brunei having a Royal Air Force brings a chuckle.

Just a tiny country with a filthy rich sultan/dictator ruling it. On my
1987 world cruise on CV-63, I remember the captain announcing the Sultan
of Brunei was going to be aboard. We all kind of looked at each other
thinking the same thing: where the f*ck is Brunei? After consulting an
atlas, we then pondered why a major US war ship should care about caring
about such a country...until we further read up on the sultan being one
of the richest people on earth.

He trapped aboard on one of VS-33's Hoovers, and a red carpet was rolled
out for him (literally). He wore an olive drab uniform bedecked with
ribbons and pins (despite the fact that he was non-military

I believe you might find that the Sultan attended, and is a graduate of the
Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.

) and every
squadron in the CVW participated in an air show for his amusement (or
purchasing decisions). Even us lowly HS types were part of the show and
jumped a swimmer (me) abeam the port side. Maybe we impacted his
purchasing decisions after all. What sort of helos does the article
(w/broken link) you're citing refer to?

--Mike