Old September 26th 05, 04:55 AM
Nick Lappos

CTR,

It is clear that you have no idea how to read a payload-range chart, why are
you even debating? The chart shows all possible missions, each range point
on the curve is a specific mission. The 36000 lb payload can be carried 1
mile, the 5000 lb payload can be carried 900 miles. If there is no payload,
the distance is over 1100 miles. Your ****-poor attitude leaves you unable
to learn here. The chart I provided is a simplification, quite accurate, of
the Sikorsky chart. You are doubly a fool, you are wrong, and you do not
know what you are talking about. You are simply not equipped to discuss
this.

The tip tanks are described on the Navy web site, and in the V-22 flight
manual I have read (and you clearly have not). That Navy web site shows the
V22 having 6000 lbs of payload at 485miles. Spot that on my chart and see
that I have given them closer to 8,000 lbs of payload, and they still suck
as compared to a helicopter.

When you mention the fuel probe, you grasp at straws, the probe is also in
the H-53E weight, wake up and smell the coffee. If you were not so
beligerant, you might learn something.

Why dont you email me and we can go slowly in private?

Nick

"CTR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nick,

You are getting closer to accepting the real payload value for the
CH-53. I got you to accept 1600 LBS for the external tanks. Now how
about the added internal aux tanks? How do you explain the approx 1500
LBS step at 470 KM in the Sikorsky data?. Could it posssibly be the
weight the internal aux tanks?.

While you are re-looking at the Sikorsky data, take a look at the air
refueling load/range line. Note that the Air to Air hardware has its
own weight penalty. So with internal tanks, external tanks and the
refueling probe installed the CH-53 payload is only 30,000 LBS, not
36,000 LBS, BTW, the retractable V-22 probe is included in the weight
you show.

Your chart is decieving because it infers that the same CH-53 that
lifts a load of 36,000 LBS can also fly 1,120 KM. That is why I stated
in a earlier post "Correct your empty weight up by 3100 lbs if you plan
to use the 1120 KM self deployed range then you will be accurate".

Next, when have I I tried to defend, justify or repute the V-22
HELICOPTER mode load/range data you quote. I just assumed that you
were using the worst possible values you could find anywhere to make
your case. Still trying to understand a V-22 cruising in hover mode at
10,000 ft instead of flying as an airplane. Can you explain why a
Tiltrotor would do that?

Also I never heard of wing tip tanks on a V-22. The MV-22 has
additional internal tanks in the fuselage, Do you mean sponson tanks?

Finally, to Dave Jackson, welcome to the sling fest.

Have fun,

CTR