Old July 23rd 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BTIZ

Default Why GA is Dying

A lot of these requirements are being driven by TSA. Badges for people
employed at the airport. People with their own airplanes may soon need
badges too.

Also, many Airport Authorities, not the FBO, require permits for photo or
video that may be taken at the airport and sold for commercial use. This
does not stop the aircraft owner or CFI taking pictures of his newly solo'd
student.

BT

"Michael Ware" wrote in message
. ..

"Stubby" wrote in message
Frankly, I like the idea of
them keeping tabs on people hanging around planes they are responsible
for. If I owned a plane, I might seek out a place like that.

Yup, our FBO requires ID for those that enter the ramp thru the FBO. I
think it's a small inconvenience for the step up in security. If people
know
they can walk in off the street without question, that's where some
trouble
could start.