Old March 12th 04, 02:50 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: We always used the throat mike.
From: Dave Eadsforth
Date: 3/11/04 11:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
In article , ArtKramr
writes
One more point Dave.We used the throat mike with both masks, we never had a
mask with a built in mike. But when possible I would hold that throat mike
against my lips and talk into it to keep from being choked by the throat

mike's
neckband.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Thanks for that rider, Art, I have seen the occasional film where the
throat mike neckband seems to have been worn loose, and the mike was
pressed against the throat with thumb and forefinger when the guy wanted
to talk. Possibly a bit inconvenient at 'busy' periods... :-)

Cheers,

Dave

Well Dave consider that we always needed a throat mike, but rarely used oxygen
since most of our missions were flown in broad daylight at 8-10,000 feet. The
ocassional 12,000 foot mission we considered high altitude work. If all we had
was an oxygen mask with a built in mike it be annoying to have to wear the
mask when we didn't need it.