Old June 18th 09, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

Default Flight simulator

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:58:08 -0400, Tom Duhamel wrote:

I would really like to hear your impression about Carenado
aircraft.

Hi Tom.. I can answer that, I own many of their products.

I love that they model old 1970's and 1980's aircraft which is more likely
to be what casual pilots fly. I also love the high level of detail in
their 3-D modeling.

But... (you knew a "but" was coming) they also infuriate me with little
mistakes due to a lack of attention to detail. The flight model of the
C-152 II took me several days to correct to make it fly like the real
thing. I'm fortunate in that I know how to manipulate the flight dynamics
files, others are just out of luck.

Here's just one example of one of several infuriating mistakes:

When flying straight and level the attitude indicator show a significant
climb. If you are practicing IMC flight, that's a deal breaker. That's
not a big problem with most vendors as their AI gauge has a calibration
knob, Carenado's does not.

Overall, I'd give them a B+.

--
Dallas