Old June 21st 17, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Trig TT22 transponder issues

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 8:34:46 AM UTC-4, Echo wrote:
I then realized that where the "ALT" is indicated on the lower right of the screen with the little airplane symbol was actually just 3 dashes instead..

This is confusing.

The dashes/airplane_icon are in the UPPER LEFT of the screen. My understanding is that the airplane_icon only flashes visible when the XPNR is replying to interrogations. The 'dashes' are displayed when it is NOT being interrogated. Do you think that the airplane_icon should be displayed all the time? Why do you think that the XPDR should constantly be replying to interrogations?