Old October 4th 05, 03:17 PM
Kyler Laird

"W P Dixon" writes:

I know what hemp is, my question was where does the info come from on it's
different uses ( I know about ropes clothes and such) but as far as making a
fuel out of it ..that I have never read anything on. Has there been a actual
study that is documented?

Here are some starting points with references.
http://www.hempevolution.org/energy/energy.htm
http://www.fuelandfiber.com/Hemp4NRG/Hemp4NRG.htm
http://www.ratical.org/renewables/greenEcon.html
I've seen several charts that show (directly or indirectly) "energy/acre"
and I usually note that corn is very low and hemp is much higher.

Even if hemp was equivalent to corn/soybeans as far as energy production
I'd be excited about it just for its lower need for herbicides and
pesticides. Getting away from genetically engineered (and strictly
licensed) seed would be wonderful.

Now to get diesel engines on my Aztec...

--kyler