Old November 18th 03, 05:59 PM
JJ Sinclair

Default On-Star*

Just saw an On-Star commercial, went something like this:

Mrs. Jones, This is your On-Stat advisor. I show an air-bag deployment and
automatic activation of your on-star system, on Route 16, north of Albany, are
you all right?

Mrs. Jones, Nooooooo!

On-Star advisor, I'm calling the State Police and your husband.

Mrs. Jones, Thaaaank Youuuu.

I let this percolate in my fertile mind, over a cup of coffee and came up with
this:

Mr. JJ, I show a sudden stoppage, resulting in a G-switch activation of your
On-Star system, 10 miles south of Callahan. I show no airports in that area.
Are you all right?

No answer.

On-Star advisor, In accordance with your instructions, dated 6/6/03, I am
notifying the Siskiyou County Sheriff, Contest Headquarters and your crew. I
show your location as; 40-53.3 north and 123-05.6 west.
Good luck!

Does anybody know how much On-Star costs and would they consider taking on
aviation customers? It's got to beat ELT.
JJ Sinclair