Old January 15th 10, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Gardner

Default Global Warming/Climate Change (was contrails)

On Jan 15, 4:07*pm, Gary Evans wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:47*am, Tom Gardner wrote:

On Jan 14, 11:51*am, Gary Evans wrote:

He (Rutan)simply found
information from other experts who have a differant slant of the issue
and put it together.

Anybody can cherrypick facts/evidence to prove whatever they
want - i.e. it is easy to "slant" in any direction whatsoever.

That's easy and cheap.

What's difficult and worthwhile is to balance all the available
evidence, pro con and neutral, to come to balanced judgement.

I think thats pretty commendable

No, it isn't - see above.

"Anybody can cherrypick facts/evidence to prove whatever they
want - i.e. it is easy to "slant" in any direction whatsoever."

Your right on that and I think that was Rutan's point.

For clarity, I wasn't actually commenting on what's on Rutan's
website,
since I haven't read it.

My comments were solely about what was in your post (that I cited).