Old January 16th 10, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Global Warming/Climate Change (was contrails)

Doug Hoffman wrote:
It's amazing that all the 'scientific' climate deniers have zero
credibility as climatologists.

My leading aeronautical engineering hero is Kelly Johnson of
Lockheed. Jack Northrop and "Dutch" Kindelburger make the list too -
Burt Rutan doesn't.

Yeah, Rutan is a real lightweight with no significant scientific
accomplishments.

What are his scientific accomplishments? I'm aware of his many of his
engineering and business achievements, but not the scientific ones.
He's certainly no rocket scientist.

True. If he was, we could read the peer reviewed papers he's written for
rocket science journals.

You know, I'm sure, that he doesn't do all that great stuff by himself.
He hires people that know what they are doing to help him with the
tricky bits he's not familiar with. If he had done that for his foray
into climate science, that presentation he wrote would be much, much better.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA