Old February 11th 16, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default An ADS-B In Question

snip

On 2/11/2016 10:00 AM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
the FAA also has had some pretty weird approaches

Yaaas... When I was working on ASDE-X in the mid-2000s, the FAA
required us all to fly to Washington, DC simply to have our pictures
taken for our "Public Trust" badges (at tax payer expense, of course).
Eventually someone at FAA realized that we slimy contractors had cameras
of our own to make our own company badges and we could simply email the
pictures to them to make their badges for us.

So glad to be retired... :-D
--
Dan, 5J