Old November 13th 04, 03:37 PM
zatatime

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 07:33:45 -0600, "Jim Burns"
wrote:

Our Aztec's door seal needs replacing. I'm wondering how many people go the
inflatable route and what their experience has been. Would you do it again?
Does it block noise and air better than the standard seal? Does it push the
door away from the frame or cause too much pressure against the latch or the
hinge? Electric or hand pump? Best make/model? STC/337/field approval or
simple log book entry?

Thanks!

Jim

---

What I can offer on the Aztec I'm familiar with is that the inflatable
seal does make it more quiet in the cabin. Unfortunately they wear
out over time, and currently the one I know about needs to be
re-pumped every 20 minutes or so. When it deflates I think its louder
than having a regular seal (although I don't have a multi engine
reference to that observation, only lots of singles). The owner says
he'd get an electrical pump if he had to do it again, why I'm not
sure, just giving you his opinion. I don't know the model, but it did
require an STC.

HTH.