Old September 26th 09, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default ILS approach to near minimums - Video

First time for me going down to near ILS minimums by myself. Video
includes how I brief my IFR approaches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCk_RRMemnM

Video I think does a good job on demonstrating why the runway may not
be always exactly in front of you after wind correction angle
considerations and ONLY being 1/2 dot off the localizer.

I flew for 2.5 hours waiting for ceilings to climb above 500 AGL. My
next video will contain the VOR alpha back into Madison executed at
minimums. ATC and I had an on air "bet" going on whether I'd make it
in. To my surprise, I would have lost that bet.