Old October 22nd 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default What is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

Chris,

I hope your club is NOT sending students up for their certificate without having participated in an assembly/disassembly.

The regs are very clear that a pre-solo pilot must have received training in and logged instruction in the following area(s)

Part 61.87 (i) (13) Procedures for disassembly and assembly of the glider;

As a pilot examiner I look for the specific endorsement of the CFI that this instruction has taken place.

In our club all the members have opportunity to assemble a disassemble the gliders at the beginning and end of the season and we make a special effort to log that in their training record.

Mike